Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Back to Work!

Hello all. Been a while hasn't it? Now that the blink and you'll miss it antics of November are over, making way for the bright lights and good times of Xmas, it's time to start treating this site right. This month is hopefully going to mark a big turning point in this little blog's life, so I would be honored if you'll come along for the ride. Still, ya gotta start small so here's a grab bag of stuff.

First order of business is the big project I've mumbled about in past posts. It got delayed a little. The plan is to get it up and running around Friday the 13th or so. As the Japanese would say “please look forward to it.” What's that? You say you won't look forward to it? Well horse pucky I say! Trust me to know what's good for you and get excited!

As you can tell by the photo up top, I've begun the Christmas decorating. I'd been hoping to show up my neighbors this year with a grand display but lo unto me, my whole area's caught quite the festive bug which has lead to a hefty dose of lights. Subsequently I've been using the LED lights that project little boobs everywhere to make a bigger impression. Sadly, my supply has quickly dwindled down to almost nothing. Simply put, I need to up my game in a big way. Anyone out there have some suggestions for something more unique than simply wrapping trees and porch railings? Lemme know.

Some super quick movie reviews:
Man of Steel: Boring, shiny, downright pointless. Watch the old Richard Donner/Christopher Reeve flick and have a much better time.
The World's End: Awesome good time. Didn't like it as much as Hot Fuzz, would rank it higher than Shaun of the Dead. Go out and get it!.....now!
Cellar Dweller: Think of a lackluster Tales from the Darkside episode stretched out to 76 minutes. Don't Bother.
Birdemic 2: The Resurrection: Haven't laughed this hard in ages. Fantastically stupid & cheap. Any lover of garbage cinema needs to get on this thing ASAP.

Did anyone else notice that Black Friday/Cyber Monday was kind lame this year? I almost walked away from the entire sale weekend empty handed if not for my local Meijer having leftovers from the bluray sale. For starters, I nabbed Licence to Kill for all of four bucks. Believe it or not I'd never seen this particular Bond entry in full which has bugged me for a while as The Living Daylights is my favorite Bond Movie. I didn't say the best one mind you, just my personal fave. Licence doesn't quite match up to the standards of its predecessor but I'm more than happy to finally happy to own the complete Dalton era. The More impressive deal however was finding a bluray of Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder for $1.88. it has officially overtaken Megashark vs. Giant Octopus as my cheapest blu.

Alright. It's time to get back to working on my books. I'll aim to be back soon to start Christmas coverage before moving on to the big project. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment